|Slicing every day in Mach!!|
Is it Friday, yet?
Phew! What a week!
Lots of good stuff happening!
Here’s a glimpse into a day in the life of a fifth grade class:
- My students are knee-deep into their PYP-IB Exhibition of Learning projects. They love this time of the day because it’s an opportunity to work in groups on topics of interest, such as: homelessness/joblessness, bullying, orphans, and terrorism.
- My students joyfully shared their memoirs with a partner. This was our end-of-unit celebration. Although it required little preparation, it was a hit! In fact, one group of three asked for more time because one student hadn’t had time to share his memoir. “But, I want to listen to Bruce’s memoir,” piped up Isabela. And, of course, I couldn’t say, no. 😊
- My students struggled with an order of operations problem in math; they all made the same mistake – an easy one to fix.
- My students didn’t want me to stop reading Number the Stars. They sensed we’re at a turning point in the story, even if they couldn’t quite articulate it in so many words.
- My students engaged in lively discussions in their historical fiction book clubs.
I’m ready for another day. It’s Friday.