|Slicing every day in March!
Here’s a snapshot of my day today:
- 7:30 Arrived at school. Prepared the first two hours of the day for a sub. Lots of reading, exploring in Bookopolis, and a math problem.
- 8:00 – 10:15 Second day of PD with Kathy Collins. We had a meeting prior to the classroom demo and a debriefing afterwards. It is so inspiring to watch Kathy work with a small group, a whole group and individual students. She is incredibly responsive to what kids need at any one time. She truly teaches the reader.
- 10:15 – 10:40 Recess duty. Not my favorite part of the day, but I get to go outside for a little while and be with kids in a different environment.
- 10:40 – 11:40 Reading Workshop – I taught a mini lesson about how to select a sticky note (talking point) to bring to book clubs. Each book club met for a brief time; I purposely made it short so that the kids could be successful at their first meeting.
- 11:40 Got ready for our Mystery Skype.
- 12:00 We had our Mystery Skype with a school in Vancouver, Canada.
- 1:35 Curriculum meeting around our PYP-IB 5th grade Exhibition of Learning – the culminating activity of the PYP in our school.
- 2:30 Time to read and respond to emails, plan lessons, run off copies, set homework on Edmodo, mark math pre-assessments, tidy up my desk.
- 5:30 Time to go home. (Disclaimer: I hardly ever stay this late, but my son was in band practice.)
- 6:15 Home! Finally! Twelve. Hours. Later.
- 7:00 Dinner, thanks to my husband!
- 8:00 Hosted my first Twitter chat for #5thchat. I was nervous going in, but once I got the hang of it, I think it went well. Ready to moderate my next chat!
- 10:00 Writing this slice and getting ready to wind down a bit.