Declaration of a one time, reluctant ESL teacher. Thanks to my PLN at #ellchat for helping me to recognize the key role I play as an ESL teacher.
- I did not choose this job; it chose me.
- I had wanted and was initially hired as a classroom teacher. And, although I would love to go back to the classroom, I am understanding the immense responsibility I have.
- I am becoming an ESL teacher, like I once was becoming a second grade bilingual teacher, and a curriculum coordinator, and an MYP (IB) coordinator, and a learning leader, and the list goes on.
- I am understanding that whatever my role is in a school, I always do it with integrity and commitment towards my students.
- I am an advocate for my ESL learners.
- I can educate classroom teachers and administration about why I do what I do and how I do it.
- I love my current role because I love working with students.
- I will also love whatever I end up doing next.
- I am a lifelong learner and educator.
#evaluatethat (Source: Badass Teachers Association)
Cross posted to March Slice of Life Challenge, Day #5